Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
New ship interface and player ships.
Vidiot_X's profile Vidiot_X
Hi, This is a video update of the Phoenix USC preview demo featuring a new ship interface. This ship selection interface lets you choose from five previ . . .

New video featuring asteroid rotation and colorful star field.
07-24-2016, 10:15 AM
New video featuring asteroid rotation and colorful star field.
Hi,

I've been on a little vacation and I forgot to post this news (below) here. Big Grin Although I keep things pretty current here for the very latest news I suggest following me on the Phoenix USC Facebook page or on my Twitter account. I often post more news and information there during a month. Below is the some of the latest development news. Wink

I have posted a video (above) and recorded it in 1080p. This marks the first time I have posted a video at 1080p and this is possible due to some recent hardware upgrades. I've purchased a Zotac GTX 950 AMP! which is a good baseline development video card and is working well. I've also invested in a 27" monitor which sure makes development easier. Smile

In the video above I demonstrate the newest version of the parallax (v-5) map with an improved resolution of 1920x1080 which allows for a wider view of the map. This wider view really helps pull things together and when in a windowed mode can be resized to fit almost any display yet still retain the view aspect. I've also added rotation to almost all of the background asteroids (a requested feature). The rotation along with some tweaks to the parallax layers has improved the visuals quite a bit. I have also added some color to the background star field which also helps with visuals, tracking and makes things pop.

I have also been porting code to Monkey 2 the newest version of the Monkey programming language (Phoenix USC is written in Monkey). The port is going well and has afforded me some opportunities to improve the look and feel of the game as well as improve other aspects. So I'll be finishing this port and also fleshing out the map editor I am working on.

So check out the video and if you have the bandwidth view it in 1080p. Big Grin

[Image: basic_badge.png] Phoenix USC - Steam group Phoenix USC - Twitter Phoenix USC - Facebook Phoenix USC - IndieDB Phoenix USC
IRC: quakenet.org #phoenixusc
Support Monkey X2 development at Mark Sibly's Patreon page.
Richard Betson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: New video featuring asteroid rotation and colorful star field.
I like it Rich. Looks like the release will be feature rich at this rate. Which is very good, gives you a great platform.

Sorry havn't been around. Funerals. That time of year.

Cheers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: