Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
In Game GUI Update
Vidiot_X's profile Vidiot_X
Hi, Here is the latest look at the 'in game' GUI system. I will probably re-skin this later and possibly change the the layout but the in game GUI system is . . .

Version 3 of the new parallax map. Video and image.
05-21-2016, 05:35 AM
Version 3 of the new parallax map. Video and image.
Hi,

Third times a charm. Smile

Instead of trying to be accurate in distance and depth for the parallax map view I chose to go for a stylized look and feel. I darkened the bottom layer of asteroids, added two galaxy images using an additive blend (over a static background), added another planet image and quickened the the planet movement rate. Together, along with lighted asteroid map images I think this stylized map works well and is smooth and playable.

Below are an image of the map and a video showing a fly through. It runs very well on the PC and Android and I wish I had a demo for you all to try out. With much of the mapping code done I will be working on adding real-time lighting and shadows to the new map system which should really make this map pop.

So, check out the video and thanks for supporting Phoenix USC.

[Image: parallax-v3-5-21-16-5-sm.jpeg]

[Image: basic_badge.png] Phoenix USC - Steam group Phoenix USC - Twitter Phoenix USC - Facebook Phoenix USC - IndieDB Phoenix USC
IRC: quakenet.org #phoenixusc
Support Monkey X2 development at Mark Sibly's Patreon page.
Richard Betson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: