Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
subspace.co off line.
Vidiot_X's profile Vidiot_X
Hi, Subspace.co offline. I feel for PoLiX. I wonder what happened? He says it will be up next weekend. I am sure he will get it back up and running. - Rich -

Big update. :)
11-21-2014, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 04:14 AM by Vidiot_X.)
Big update. :)
Hi,

I have been busy add features to PUSC. Smile

I have posted a video showing the potential of the new high resolution, arena wide, seamless background effect. Using a gigantic 5120x5120 image I am able to essentially chop it up into smaller 256x256 chunks. This makes it easier to display highly detailed backgrounds that parallax and fit the arena space. It also reduces the video card memory footprint by a large amount.

The video also shows preview demo game play. The bots now use a form of 'dead reckoning' to more accurately target a players ship which makes it challenging and fun. I have also smoothed out the physics settings for a much better feel in game.

I have added center mount weapons to player ships (blue weapons fire). This makes both wing mounted and center mounted weapons available. I will be adding mines next. All player ships will be able to use 3 types of weapons simultaneously.
[Image: new_bombs_explosion.jpg]

Below is image of Phoenix USC's new asteroids with collision. The asteroids are in belts and spread out throughout the combat arena. Asteroids provide a place to hide and a place to fight. Smile

My custom collision engine can wrap the irregular shapes of the asteroids allowing for weapons fire pass through points as well as niches to hide in.

All part of the standalone preview demo coming very soon.
[Image: asteriods1.jpg]

I am still on track to get the preview demo out the door. It is looking like a demo release in the first week of December. I am working very hard to get in as many options and features as I can. Registered users (here) will get a copy of the preview demo the day before the official release. Smile

Regards,
- Rich -

[Image: basic_badge.png] Phoenix USC - Steam group Phoenix USC - Twitter Phoenix USC - Facebook Phoenix USC - IndieDB Phoenix USC
IRC: quakenet.org #phoenixusc
Support Monkey X2 development at Mark Sibly's Patreon page.
Richard Betson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: