Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
My profile
Ace joker's profile Ace joker
finaly got around to adding some to my profile feel free to check it out and let me know what you think Smiley48

Progress Update: Server 02/26/2014
04-29-2014, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 01:17 PM by Vidiot_X.)
RE: Progress Update: Server 02/26/2014
Hi,

I have been reworking the server/client networking code. My first crack at it was using encryption as the layer of security to prevent cheating. This is actually 'not' ideal as encryption alone can not prevent cheating long term. So I have been working on a pure authoritative server which can correct a clients game even changing the clients ship position, speed or direction and much more. This is tough to do as I have to have the server send a game state update (position etc ) to the client and reconcile any differences without the client screen view jumping or shuttering. But, I have this update process working pretty well now and can have the server correct a clients state seamlessly within latency limits.

So we will be testing this new method out and I will post the results here soon.

- Rich -

[Image: basic_badge.png] Phoenix USC - Steam group Phoenix USC - Twitter Phoenix USC - Facebook Phoenix USC - IndieDB Phoenix USC
IRC: quakenet.org #phoenixusc
Support Monkey X2 development at Mark Sibly's Patreon page.
Richard Betson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Progress Update: Server 02/26/2014 - Vidiot_X - 04-29-2014 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: