Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
Random Ideas by resoL
resol's profile resol
Another suggestion for the map editor is to have animated map objects. Would be great to be able to set up moving map objects as well. For example, if I want . . .

Random Ideas by resoL
12-02-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL
Hi,

@"Resol"
The bot system is still being developed and for the sake of server load has to be thin and efficient. I will add 'way points' so the bots can move from a start point and then to all its way points and then back to start. i will also be developing a simple bot script that will allow you to further modify and define bot actions. Bots do help in low player count scenarios or even high player counts as they can be added in many different ways to change game play.

At first PUSC will concentrate on classic modes of game play such as capture the flag. Once I have a solid server and client I will start to layer on other ways to play such as league, match and other play modes. So much of what you are discussing is down the road a bit (not too long). Right now I am firming up the game engine to solidly perform and once there I will proceed to more complex gaming modes such as player controlled events (an Idea I like).

In game server selection is an idea that has been requested before. It is possible and perhaps later I will consider it. For now and the foreseeable future players will use the client launch application (CLA) as the gateway to servers. The reasons for this are two fold. One is the only really reliable way to setup graphics and sound is to use a CLA which does all the graphics driver and sound driver checks and test. It makes it way easier to track bugs and hardware conflicts especially if the users has modified the system by installing a new video or sound card. The second is that the CLA also provides a news feed and ads which are a potential revenue point. I will consider a scenario where a player uses the CLA and then once in game can switch to another sever without exiting the game, something I had planned to do later in development.

Thanks for the input,
- Rich -

[Image: basic_badge.png] Phoenix USC - Steam group Phoenix USC - Twitter Phoenix USC - Facebook Phoenix USC - IndieDB Phoenix USC
IRC: quakenet.org #phoenixusc
Support Monkey X2 development at Mark Sibly's Patreon page.
Richard Betson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 11-24-2013, 02:19 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-25-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 11-26-2013, 07:16 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-27-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Pkunk Fury - 11-27-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-28-2013, 12:11 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-02-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 12-02-2013 10:09 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-11-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-26-2013, 03:35 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Lone Outlaw - 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 02-19-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 02-24-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 10-22-2014, 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: