Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
Linux demo next week. Starting mobile de . . .
Vidiot_X's profile Vidiot_X
Hi, I will have the Linux build of the demo out this next week. After testing the build looks good and seems to be compatible across a wide array of Linux flav . . .

New map, big base,two levels, lighting, efects and more
11-29-2014, 10:20 PM
New map, big base,two levels, lighting, efects and more

Hi,

This is a video of Phoenix USC's new map design with a really big base. The big base features two levels of game play with simultaneous game play on both a lower level and a second upper level. Using ramps and large fighting areas upper levels have a grate floor that allows a view of fighting below and when on the lower level a view of fighting above. This allows for some awesome heads up game play, especially in an online setting.

I have also added one extra level to the map framework to accommodate overhead features on the second level of play. Although I am using it now for shadows and overhead map objects I could technically add a third level of play down the road. Smile The design of the map makes use of Phoenix USC's map framework which is capable of supporting even larger maps and allows for a flexible system of map building. The Phoenix USC map editor was used to build and construct the entire map including map parts and their collision (aside for the image).

I have also updated many of the effects adding lighted weapons fire and adding a separate enemy explosion effect. I have also added lighting to many areas of the map both overhead and under lighting.

The preview demo is on it's way. Big Grin Maybe two more weeks.

Richard Betson
Creator of Phoenix USC

[Image: basic_badge.png] Phoenix USC - Steam group Phoenix USC - Twitter Phoenix USC - Facebook Phoenix USC - IndieDB Phoenix USC
IRC: quakenet.org #phoenixusc
Support Monkey X2 development at Mark Sibly's Patreon page.
Richard Betson
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New map, big base,two levels, lighting, efects and more - Vidiot_X - 11-29-2014 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: