Lost Password?   -   Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
<
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Social Pages
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Google+
.Phoenix USC on Google+

Follow Us on Twitter

[-]
Twitter

[-]
Top Poster
no avatar

no posts

[-]
Random Quotes
New seamless background effect.
Vidiot_X's profile Vidiot_X
Hi, Below are images of the new map size seamless background used in the upcoming alpha preview demo. One of three different background styles this map or aren . . .

Random Ideas by resoL
12-02-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL
I noticed you must of already programmed some AI Bots.

I would like to see the use of them in other games as well. Something I've always wanted to do in susbspace is make a tower defense game. So the AI Bots in this would need to do two things:

The first is to be able to be bought and placed on the map with weapon(s). Being able to set it up so the players have starting gold to purchase a tower or two for the first wave, and then the option to build better and more expensive towers and / or upgrade the weapons of the towers they have. Each tower could be given two ID numbers, one for which player owns the tower and one for which of the players towers is it.

The second use of the AI Bots is to be be spawned and fly in a set path with no weapons, just health levels. I guess it's general knowledge to most gamers how a tower defense event would work, but if you need more details I'll write them up.

Another great thing you could to with the bots, with being able to tell them to take a certain flight path, and when they reach their destination give them more directions, maybe take another flight path or perhaps engage in batter with in a radius or area. You could make a great "Nazi Zombie" type game.

I think creating a lot of fun "low population" events is really key to not only grow the player base, but to sustain it as well. If you take a look at subspace now, a huge flaw is that 90% of the zones and events were / are designed for larger populations, and not enough single player, 1v1 / 2v2... 5v5 ect. games.

Another benefit to having lots of smaller events is that if the game does grow a large player base, you wont have to always be playing against the same people in the event you like to play most, although you could have the option to I guess.

Touching back in where I referenced giving players the ability to queue their own events, I think they should be able to Invite players in a number of ways. Give them the option to have the event public and anyone can join it, or close where only the players they invite may join. Maybe allow them to invite "Friends Only" where I think your chat system would come into affect, I hope you will be allowed to add / request friends and have them in a list where you are able to see their status - what server they are in and whether they are available (in a public arena or in an event). Or maybe even "Squad / Team Only" options or even an Auto Invite feature that will automatically invite everyone in the players current server, all their friends and team members as well.

I think you really should give players the ability to change servers easily while in game and not have to exit the game to join another server. Even be able to invite people to your server would be nice as well. I think it would be best to have a separate window in the chat box that is dedicated for game invites and friend request, a 'notifications' window if you will.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-23-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 11-24-2013, 02:19 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-25-2013, 06:48 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 11-26-2013, 07:16 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-27-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Pkunk Fury - 11-27-2013, 10:28 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 11-28-2013, 12:11 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-02-2013 08:49 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 12-02-2013, 10:09 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-07-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-11-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 12-26-2013, 03:35 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Lone Outlaw - 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 02-19-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - Vidiot_X - 02-24-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: Random Ideas by resoL - resol - 10-22-2014, 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: