Phoenix Universe of Space Combat
New map, big base,two levels, lighting, efects and more - Printable Version

+- Phoenix Universe of Space Combat (https://www.phoenixusc.com/board)
+-- Forum: Phoenix USC Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Phoenix Universe of Space Combat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Forum: Phoenix USC Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Thread: New map, big base,two levels, lighting, efects and more (/showthread.php?tid=276)

New map, big base,two levels, lighting, efects and more - Vidiot_X - 11-29-2014 10:20 PM

Hi,

This is a video of Phoenix USC's new map design with a really big base. The big base features two levels of game play with simultaneous game play on both a lower level and a second upper level. Using ramps and large fighting areas upper levels have a grate floor that allows a view of fighting below and when on the lower level a view of fighting above. This allows for some awesome heads up game play, especially in an online setting.

I have also added one extra level to the map framework to accommodate overhead features on the second level of play. Although I am using it now for shadows and overhead map objects I could technically add a third level of play down the road. Smile The design of the map makes use of Phoenix USC's map framework which is capable of supporting even larger maps and allows for a flexible system of map building. The Phoenix USC map editor was used to build and construct the entire map including map parts and their collision (aside for the image).

I have also updated many of the effects adding lighted weapons fire and adding a separate enemy explosion effect. I have also added lighting to many areas of the map both overhead and under lighting.

The preview demo is on it's way. Big Grin Maybe two more weeks.

Richard Betson
Creator of Phoenix USC

This forum uses Krzysztof "Supryk" Supryczynski addon..: